Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Win2k blue screens - ewsaudio.sys error!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member spwyatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I'm having big problems with my EWS64XL under Win2k. I have the latest drivers, DirectX 8, and all service packs installed. When switching between MPG movies in WMP7, there's often a lot of loud static crackle, and often a loud digital buzz (square wave?) until the card resets when the next movie is ready to play. I also often get blue screens (dark blue as opposed to the Win98 blue!) and this message:

    **** Stop - 0x000000D1 0x00000000 0x00000002 0x00000001 0x0ED0650AF

    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    **** Address ED0650AF base at ED06000 datestamp 39200bb5 - ewsaudio.sys

    Memory dump in progress

    ...and that's it...

    HELP!!!

    Steve.

    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Xafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can you tell how you installed it ? I can't even get it to work, see other thread, win2k/ews.

    Do you know where I can get older drivers ? they might work for me, I just need sound. smile

    Update:

    I got it working ! smile



    [This message has been edited by Xafer (edited January 17, 2001).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS:

    Caused by IRQ conflict with (something).

    In W2K, do not trust if W says that #IRQ is free, try another IRQ number (Do NOT use 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14 or 15, these ARE reserved even if W says they're free).

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!

    Other Ideas (yeah, this section really goes here, look above for reason wink)

    First saleversion of W2K had a bug with WMP, it's fixed in windowsupdate, have you installed all updates from windowsupdate?

    You are NOT using W2K beta version??

    (hm, gotta drink more coffee...)

    .KKu

    [email protected] http://www.k4web.net
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.
    Nowadays as father of baby boy! biggrin

    [This message has been edited by KKu (edited January 18, 2001).]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •